Revel has released the "External Fulfillment Center" functionality. This feature allows users to ship orders from an off-site fulfillment center while keeping the in-store inventory accurate. Users may add an external fulfillment location when configuring the settings in the Management Console. If an off-site fulfillment location is selected for shipping, inventory will not be removed from the POS. When the off-site fulfillment location is chosen for shipment, the shipping quote is based on distance between the off-site fulfillment location’s address and the delivery address. Tax and address validation will work per current shipping functionality. All products shipped from the external fulfillment centers must be serialized. The External Fulfillment Center functionality can be configured by doing the following:
External Fulfillment Center
In the Management Console
- On the Establishment > Establishment page, configure the Type of Service (staff-only setting) to "Retail".
- On the Establishment > Stations page, configure the Station Mode to "Retail".
- On the Settings > Advanced Pos Settings page, enable the "Catering delivery tracking" setting (checked).
- On the Settings > Retail Service Settings page, enable the "Order and Item print option" setting (checked).
- On the Settings > Inventory Settings page, enable the "Support serial numbers", "Turn on Delivery for Serial Numbers", and "Enforce serial number inventory" settings (checked).
- On the Settings > Shipping Settings page, enable the "Shipping", "FedEx Shipping" / "UPS shipping", and "Enable External Fulfillment Addresses" settings (checked).
- On the Settings > Shipping Settings page, enable the “Enable External Fulfillment Address” setting (checked).
- Once “Enable External Fulfillment Address” is enabled, the menu option for “External Fulfillment Address” will appear on the left-hand side of the screen of the “Establishment” page, as shown below.
In the fields provided, users may enter the name and address of a desired external fulfillment center, for example “Revel Systems Headquarters”, as shown below.
On the Products > Product Groups page, users may create a new product group (for example, “Revel Systems Headquarters”) and assign a fulfillment address for the products in the group. Add product(s) (for example, “Music Bar”) to the group by selecting the corresponding check box(es), as shown in the image below.
- On the Products > Product Details > Advanced Product Details > Shipping Options page, users may assign an external fulfillment center directly to a product by entering the name of the external fulfillment center in the "Fulfillment Addresses" field, as shown in the image below.
On the Shipping Settings page, users may import tables with custom shipping fees by clicking the "Import / Export" button in the top right corner of the page, as shown below.
Shiprate Import / Export
On the Revel iPad POS
- Add a product with an assigned external fulfillment center to the order.
- Once added, attach a customer to the order and tap “Ship”. A "Select Products" popup window will appear. Selecting the product will link that product to the external fulfillment center address configured in the Management Console.
- On the Shipping Options window, if needed, enter any additional shipping details. Include the product weight and packaging type. Once done, tap "Get Rates".
- On the Delivery Options window, select the desired delivery option and tap “Get Label”.
- Finally, tap "Pay" and collect payment for the shipping order: There is a separate item in the order – “Shipping and Handling”. Taxes are calculated on the entire order (all items plus “Shipping and Handling”). Lastly, inventory is removed (adjusted) accordingly and will appear accurate in the Management Console.