Activating the Functionality
To active the Store to Store Return functionality:
- Log into the Management Console.
- Navigate to the Settings
- Click on "Advanced POS Settings" box located on the left side menu to expose the Advanced POS Settings.
- Scroll down the page to "Enable returns across establishments" field and select the checkbox. You can also type "Enable returns across establishments" in the search field to bring up the setting directly.
- Click the "Save" button when finished.
Performing a Return
To perform a return on the POS:
- Tap the "Orders" button.
- Tap the "Find Orders by ID" option.
- On the ensuing "Enter Order ID" pop up, either scan the order number from the receipt barcode, or manually enter the order ID.
- If the cross establishment functionality enabled, the POS will search all establishments on the URL for the order number. If the order is found, the POS will then prompt the user with the "Return" dialog box, tap the "Continue" button to proceed with the return.
- Tap on items you wish to return to bring up the "Actions" icons.
- Tap the "Return Item(s) icon.
- Select whether you wish to return the selected item only, or multiple items from the order.
- In the "Select Item(s) to Return" window, tap the items you wish to return on the left side of the screen.
- Select whether you want the returned items to be put back into active inventory, using the switch in the Inventory column. If "Yes" is selected an immediate transfer will be initiated from the store where the item was originally purchased, to the store where the item is being returned, and the item will then be added into the active inventory of the current location. If the you select "No" an immediate transfer will be initiated from the store where the item was originally purchased, to the store where the item is being returned, and the item will be listed as waste inventory for the current location.
- Tap "Next" when finished
- In the ensuing "Return Item(s) screen, enter the reason for the return.
- Tap "OK" when finished.
- The POS will prompt you to confirm any refunds needed. Tap "Refund" to confirm the refund, or "No Thanks" to deny.
- Click "OK" on the ensuing "Info" screen.