If you need to make a return from a different location, enabling Store to Store Returns give you the ability to easily open the transaction.
How to Activate Store-to-Store Returns
Before being able to process stores across different establishments, the functionality must first be enabled in settings.
- Log into the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com] and navigate to the Settings tab.
- Under Desired Settings click clear selection and enter Enable Returns Across Establishment:
- Check the box on the left for the actual setting to appear on the right. Check the box to activate, then click Save:
How to Perform a a Store-to-Store Return on the Point of Sale:
- From the Dashboard, choose Return:
- On the Enter Order ID pop up, either scan the order number from the receipt barcode, or manually enter the order ID. If the customer does not have a receipt and you have activated Receiptless Returns and if the customer has their credit card present, please refer to Refunding Payments with Credit Card Present Returns.
- If the cross establishment functionality is enabled, the Point of Sale will search all establishments on the URL for the order number. If the order is found, the Point of Sale will then prompt the user with the Return dialog box. Tap Continue to proceed with the return:
- Tap on the items you wish to return to bring up the Actions box.
- Then tap Remove Item. Then enter a reason for the return.
- Select whether you want the returned items to be put back into active inventory, using the switch in the Inventory column.
- If Yes is selected an immediate transfer will be initiated from the store where the item was originally purchased, to the store where the item is being returned, and the item will then be added into the active inventory of the current location.
- If the you select No an immediate transfer will be initiated from the store where the item was originally purchased, to the store where the item is being returned, and the item will be listed as waste inventory for the current location.
- The Point of Sale will prompt you to confirm any refunds needed. Tap Refund to confirm the refund, or No Thanks to deny.