If you need to make a return from a different location, enabling Store to Store Returns give you the ability to easily open the transaction.
Activating the Feature
Before being able to process stores across different establishments, the functionality must first be enabled in settings.
- Log into the Management Console and navigate to theSettings tab.
- Under Desired Settings click clear selection and enter Enable Returns Across Establishment.
- Check the box for the setting on the left, then click Save.
Performing a Store to Store Return
To perform a return on the POS:
- Begin on the Dashboard.
- Tap Return. On the ensuing Enter Order ID pop up, either scan the order number from the receipt barcode, or manually enter the order ID.
- If the cross establishment functionality enabled, the POS will search all establishments on the URL for the order number. If the order is found, the POS will then prompt the user with the Return dialog box, tap the Continue button to proceed with the return.
- Tap on items you wish to return to bring up the Actions box.
- Then tap Remove Item. Then enter a reson for the return.
- Select whether you want the returned items to be put back into active inventory, using the switch in the Inventory column. If Yes is selected an immediate transfer will be initiated from the store where the item was originally purchased, to the store where the item is being returned, and the item will then be added into the active inventory of the current location. If the you select No an immediate transfer will be initiated from the store where the item was originally purchased, to the store where the item is being returned, and the item will be listed as waste inventory for the current location.
- The POS will prompt you to confirm any refunds needed. Tap "Refund" to confirm the refund, or No Thanks to deny.