While you'll find a complete list of changes in our 2.34 Release Notes, we took the liberty of preparing this before-and-after "cheat sheet" to prep you for some updates in the new version.
Your Revel Management Console will update automatically to the latest version. No action required!
You'll need to download the 2.34 Revel Point of Sale app from the App Store – coming mid-February! (Click here for upgrade instructions once it's available.)
Redesigned Purchase Orders
Our enhanced purchase orders in Version 2.34 let you know who submitted them, when they were sent, and – by popular request – now allow for attachments!
You'll notice some new UI on the Purchase Order List page:
All purchase order actions are now accessed via the blue ... icon under the Actions column, including the ability to receive, edit, duplicate, print, or email purchase orders, as shown below:
- Revel has added a Finalized By column to the Purchase Order List, which indicates the user who finalized the purchase order.
- Revel will now display the time a Purchase Order is finalized next to the date when viewing details on the Product Inventory Log. The time will be displayed in the local format (local to the POS) under the "Date/Time" column.
- Users can now add attachments to purchase orders. The new Attachment section has been added where users can select files to upload to their purchase orders.
- Revel will now display the purchase order's associated establishment name in the upper left corner of the header when viewing/editing an existing purchase order.
New Loyalty Purchase Flow
In Version 2.34, we added a Reward Prompt Method option to the Settings page's Gift, Rewards and Admin Card section.
These options enable you to select a predefined method of linking a customer's rewards card / rewards profile to their order. The options are:
- By User Selection will not prompt the cashier and instead let them swipe rewards cards at their discretion
- By Prompt after Payment will display a prompt to the cashier requesting a reward card swipe once payment has been taken
- By Prompt on Tapping Pay will display the same prompt when the cashier taps pay
- By Prompt on New Order will display the prompt when the order is created
As part of the enhancement, Revel has also added an Automatically Add Linked Customer to Order setting to the Loyalty section on the Settings page. If a loyalty or gift card is linked to a customer, Revel will add the customer to the order without prompting.
New Customer Display Screen Options
Another major change in 2.34: many more options for Customer Display Screen (CDS) customization!
Revel now allows users to add personalized branding and or promotional material on the CDS. Revel has added the following options to the Customer Display System section of the Settings page in the Management Console:
- Screen Organization - select whether to use the entire screen for displaying the order or to use a split screen, where you may display promotional material on the left hand side of the screen. Split screen mode is designed for full-sized iPads (Split Screen or Full Screen)
- Welcome Screen - Use Media Type - select the type of media you want to display when the CDS is in an idle state (Image or Animation Set)
- Welcome Screen Image - upload the image that will display when the CDS is in an idle state
- Welcome Screen Animation Set - create the idle animation set that will display when the CDS is in an idle state. Give the animation set a name, and input how many seconds should pass before moving to the next image. Then, click the edit icon to add images to the animation set
- Split Screen - Use Media Type - select the type of media you want to display when the CDS is in the split screen mode (Image or Animation Set)
- Split Screen Image - upload the image that will display on the left side of the CDS when it is in split screen mode
- Split Screen Animation Set - create the idle animation set that will display on the left side of the CDS when it is in split screen mode. Give the animation set a name, and input how many seconds should pass before moving to the next image. Then, click the edit icon to add images to the animation set
- Logo Image - upload the logo image that will display in the upper left of the CDS. The ideal size is 231x95
- Select Color Palette - Select the Primary and Secondary colors that Revel will use throughout the CDS.
New CDS Settings
New CDS Settings