To ensure system stability for you and your business, we roll out new software versions gradually over a period of 1-2 weeks. Your Management Console may not yet be updated with the new features in this article (how do I know what version I'm on?), but will be shortly if not.
- Starting a Physical Inventory Session
- Using Physical Inventory on the Inventory App
- Finalizing Physical Inventory
Starting a Physical Inventory Session
To begin a Physical Inventory session, navigate to the Inventory page in the Management Console. Then and click the Physical Inventory button. Clicking this button will open up the Physical Inventory page, allowing the user to create a session by doing the following:
- Click Start a New Physical Inventory.
- Enter a name for session. Then click Update Sections, and add the number of section. Once the Update Sections option is selected, Revel will generate a unique number for each section in the following format: establishment number - count - section number, i.e. E01-00-1. By Clicking Start Physical Inventory, it sends the Physical Inventory data to the Inventory app, allowing the employee to begin the count / scan.
- After entering comments, click Start Physical Inventory.
Note: Once the "Update Sections" option is selected, Revel will generate a unique number for each section in the following format: establishment number - count - section number, i.e. E01-00-1. By Clicking Start Physical Inventory, it sends the Physical Inventory data to the Inventory app, allowing the employee to begin the count / scan.
Using Physical Inventory on the Inventory App
Depending on the role permissions set, an employee must
- Open the Physical Inventory app and tap Physical Inventory .
- You will see the different sections for the opened Physical Inventory session. Find the desired section and tap Count.
- Using the iOS device's camera, scan or enter a product name or barcode. Then enter the number of units for each item.
- When completed, click finish. A manager or owner will then need to finalize this completed physical inventory session.
Finalizing Physical Inventory
After the count is performed, the Physical Inventory page in the Management Console will display the overall count, and also a breakdown of the count, section by section. The result is the difference (variance) between the expected count and the actual count. If needed, a manager or owner may perform a recount by clicking on any one of the corresponding Recount links under the Recount column in the Management Console.
Clicking the Category tab option displays a breakdown of the Physical Inventory count by category/product, allowing users to either accept/adjust each count individually, or add/remove products, as shown below.
When completed, click End Physical Inventory.