Although the server is experiencing an outage, you will still be able to:
- Create and close orders
- Operate tills and take cash payments
- Take credit card payments - depending on your payment processor and with the exception of manual credit
- Batch payments
You will have limited ability to:
- Clock In/Out: When attempting to clock in or out the POS will attempt to contact the server, after 1 minute the POS will allow you to clock in/out and you'll see a prompt -
Clock in employee_name?Once clocked in, wait for the system to load and you will receive this message:
You are in offline mode. Please save your receiptand a receipt for the clock-in will print.
- Access reports with Local Data disabled: Instead, run reports with Local Data enabled – Result:
Fetching Reports…message for 30 seconds then error
Failed to fetch ___ report. OFFLINE MODE
You will temporarily not be able to:
- Access the Management Console: Perform a “Refresh” on the POS stations – Result:
Downloading configuration…for 4-5 minutes. Then
Error. Cannot contact server to update configuration. Please try again in a few minutes.With options to close/retry.
- Use rewards/gift cards: Result:
Authorizing … Please wait.Message for 20 seconds then error
- Change product details in product setup: Result: “Saving” message for 30 seconds then
Save Failed! There are network issues during saving. Please try again or contact to customer support.
- Perform EOD: Result:
Error. End of Day process can not be continued. OFFLINE MODE
- Use House Accounts: Result:
Fetching House Account Data.” Message for 20 seconds then error “Connection Failed.
- Take manual credit card payments
- View customers past orders: Result:
Orders Loading…message indefinitely.
- Utilize inventory management on the frontend: Result:
Fetching inventory information…message for 30 seconds then
Error. Error occurred. Please check your internet connection!
After the server outage your orders, payments, inventory, clock in/out information and reports will begin to sync automatically. On the login screen of your POS station
# Orders not sent to server
number should decrease until
All Orders are sent to the server
message appears. If the number is not decreasing please follow the steps here https://support.revelsystems.com/hc/en-us/articles/204782425-Orders-Payments-Are-Still-Not-Sent-to-Server