While you have comprehensive reporting features within your Management Console, you can also find some of the most important reports from your Point of Sale station, as well as set up email reports sent to you. Let's take a look at your reporting options from the Point of Sale!
- Using the Options Button
- Using the Reports Button
- Employee Reports
Using the Options Button
- Click the icon from the dashboard of your Point of Sale:
- Enter your Security PIN to view reports, then choose OK:
- A drop-down will appear for you to select the report you'd like to view. Each report will appear in the top section of the screen. The four reports available from the Point of Sale include:
Sales Summary Report
The Sales Summary is broken down by:
- Net Sales: Displays gross sales - discounts. For each section,
- Payments: Displays total payments made with all payment methods.
- Discounts: Displays all order and or item discounts applied.
- Voided: Displays all voids made.
Directly below each section will be the percentage the net sales have increased (green) or decreased (decreased) from the week prior:
Hourly Sales Report
The Hourly Sales Report on the Point of Sale shows the most recent 24 hour period of total sales per hour. It also displays the total number of Transactions, Items Sold, Average Sale Amount and Total Sales Amount:
Product Mix Report
The Product Mix Report on the Point of Sales allows you to view a quick overview of your product sales so you can easily see which products are the most:
This report will display labor data, including your labor costs, net sales and labor percentage, as well as total sales per hour:
Using the Reports Button
With the Reports button on the Point of Sale, you can view more detailed information, as well as print and/or email copies of the reports. To access:
- Click the Reports button from the Dashboard of the Point of Sale station:
- Daily Cash Log and Daily Payment Summary can either be emailed or printed directly from this menu. If you click the envelope, you can enter in your email address to receive a copy; if you choose the printer button, a copy will print from your receipt printer:
- The Payment Log can also be selected, which provides an itemized list of payments received, grouped by payment type:
This report report also has additional filter options, including the ability to select the date range, and whether you want to view payments for ALL employees or a selected individual. This report can also be printed or emailed:
- The Sales Report provides a comprehensive, configurable report, which includes summarized sales, discounts, voids, refunds, payments and liabilities data:
This report can be generated for a specific date range by adjusting the Start and End dates and times: If you want to filter the report by employees or station, click on Include and choose from the list(s) provided. Note, you can toggle between Employees or POS Stations using the tabs at the top: You can also manage additional options to include in the Sales Report. Flip the switch to the right to activate and to the left to deactivate:
- Options include:
- Open/Unpaid Orders: Orders and invoices which are currently OPEN. Including Open orders gives more accurate sales data, but may cause a mismatch between Net to Account For and Payments, as no payments may have been taken.
- Product Data by Class, Category or Subcategory: Depending on the option select, your product data will be displayed by the product Classes, Categories or Subcategories.
- Local Data: When printing the sales report, the information comes from data stored in the cloud. However, if the iPad is unable to send the orders to the cloud, then the sales summary report printed out will be inaccurate. Any unsynced orders will be displayed at the bottom right of the login screen with a message XX amount of orders have failed to send to server. (Please refer to Orders/Payments Are Still Not Sent to Server to troubleshoot getting orders to push to the cloud.) However, for immediate reporting if orders are still not synced, you can use the Local Data option to show the sales data that is stored locally on the iPad.
- Hourly Sales: If activate, this will display each hour of sales data, including the total number of transactions per hour, average transaction amount, as well as percentage of sales.
- Labor: If activated, the report will display additional labor data, including the amount of sales per hour, along with man hours, wages and percentage of labor.
- Once you've made your report selections, click Generate at the top of the page. A preview of the report will display, then you can choose to have the report sent via email or printed:
In order for employees to have access to reports, a few settings must first be activated on the Management Console.
Take a look at our Role Permission Guide for detailed information on how to manage POS permission for each employee role. For report access, be sure any Report permission is turned on for the roles you want to view reports.
Employee Report Settings
Another option to activate is whether you want your employees to be able to view individual transaction data from the Point of Sale. To activate this permission:
- From your Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Settings. Clear Selections and search for Print transactions. Check the box on the left for the setting to display on the right.
- Activate and Save.
Viewing Employee Reports
- After the appropriate settings have been activated, refresh your Point of Sale station. Then, from the Dashboard, navigate to Reports:
- The only report available to employees is the Sales Report; choose this option:
- The top options are all the same as what managers/owners will see, as outlined in as outlined in step #4 above. However, employees can only see their own data; the filter option for showing all employees or multiple stations will not appear.
- At the bottom of the additional options, you will see functions to filter by transaction types, including Cash Transactions, Credit Transactions and Other Transactions. Activate the options you'd like to include, then choose the print option at the top:
- The report will print on the receipt printer associated with that Point of Sale station.