It's now possible to link your Customer Display Screen to YouTube videos. This is helpful if you want to display promotional material on the CDS.
Both full screen videos (displayed when the CDS is idle) and half screen videos (displayed on the left side of the CDS in Split Screen Mode) are supported.
Here are some best practices to keep in mind when selecting a video to display on the CDS:
- If the video cannot be played, the CDS will display the Split Screen Image or Welcome Screen Image.
- Personal video hosting provides the best results overall, followed by Vimeo and then Youtube.
- Use 4:3 aspect ratio when displaying full-screen videos. Use 2:3 aspect ratio when displaying a video on a split screen.
- Since the videos are fetched from the internet, smaller video files and shorter videos will load faster. We recommend files no larger than 20MB and 60 fps (frames per second) for best performance. Videos shorter than 2 minutes work best.
- When displaying Youtube videos, customers can stop the video on the CDS by tapping the screen or the Share button.
CDS Video Setup
To display videos:
- In the Management Console, navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections.
- Type customer display system in the search box. Check the box in the left side menu so the actual settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Find the Screen Organization field and select Split Screen or Full Screen from the drop-down:
- Then, from the Split Screen- Media Type field and/ or Welcome Screen- Use Media Type field, select Video from the drop-down.
- Then, enter the link in the Split Screen Video field and/ or the Welcome Screen Video field. YouTube and Vimeo links are supported, as well as direct links to an .mp4 file hosted on your own website.
- Click Save:
Please note: If the video cannot be played, the CDS will default to the Split Screen Image or Welcome Screen Image.