Creating a Matrix Inventory product in your iPad is an easy process. You will need to create the product attributes in your Management Console before you can create a Matrix Inventory on your POS. See our article Creating Matrix Inventory in Your Management Console to see how to create the Parent and Child Products from the Product Attributes tab in the console. Once you've created these, you can follow the instructions below.
- Log in to your iPad Point of Sale app as a manager.
- Click Product Setup from the menu on the home page:
- Click +P Add Product to begin adding your product:
- Fill in your product details, Name and Price are required:
- In the Category section, select Parent_category, in the Sub Cat section, select Child_Category from the pop-up menu that appears:
- Click the icon next to the product name:
- Select the Parent Category button and choose the category for your product:
- Select the Child Category button and choose the attributes for your product:
- Click Save when you’re done:
- You will need to refresh your application in order for the changes to take effect. From the home page of the iPad Management Console, click the back arrow to the right of your name at the upper right hand corner of the screen and click the Refresh link from the login page:
Once the application has refreshed, your products will be ready to be ordered!