With Revel, you have the ability to attach kitchen printers or kitchen display systems to specific modifiers. This is useful if you want to direct certain modifiers to specific kitchen areas.
Enabling the Setting
Before you can attach a printer or KDS to a modifier, you must enable the setting. To do this:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections from the left side menu:
- Next, type Filter Modifier in the search bar.
- Check the box next to Filter Modifier Printing so the setting appears on the right side of the screen.
- Check the box next to the Filter Modifier Printing setting.
- Finally, click Save:
Attaching Printers/ KDS to Modifiers
Once the setting is enabled, you can attach a printer or KDS to a modifier. To do this:
- Navigate to the Products tab, then click Modifiers from the left side bar:
- Expand the category/ subcategory of the modifier you want to attach to a printer. Then, click the icon in line with the modifier:
- Once in the modifier details, find the Printers field. Here you can enter any printers/ kitchen display systems you want this modifier to print to when ordered. Click Save when done:
Note: The Filter Modifier Printing setting will not work unless the product is attached to a printer. Learn more about attaching products to a printer here.