Note: this article refers in part to features in our latest software version, which you may not be using yet. Not to worry, though—your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version over the next few weeks.
Want a sneak peek at the new version? Sign up for our beta program today!
With Revel's Custom Action Buttons, you can create a custom button on your Point of Sale. It will appear on the Point of Sale dashboard or among the action buttons below the order and link to a web page of your choice.
Custom Action Button Settings
To configure a custom action button:
- On your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Then, click Clear Selections. In the search box type Custom Buttons:
- From the left side menu, check the box next to Custom Buttons so the setting appears on the right:
- Click + Add Custom Button:
- Enter your Button Name, select the color, icon, enter the Linked URL, select if you want the button displayed on the Point of Sale dashboard, and check the box if a passcode is required to access the URL:
- Make sure to click Save in the top right corner before exiting the Settings tab.
Custom Action Button on the Point of Sale
There are two ways to use the Custom Action Button on the Point of Sale:
Using Custom Action Button on Dashboard
- Log into the Point of Sale station.
- On the Dashboard, you'll see your custom action button.
- Tap the button to be directed to the link you input when setting up your custom action button. Tap Done to exit and return back to the dashboard:
To use the custom button on the Point of Sale:
- Open a new or existing order.
- Swipe against your quick action buttons until you see your new custom button:
- Tap the icon to open to the linked URL.
- If you want to change the order of the action buttons, follow the instructions in the Rearranging Revel iPad Action Point of Sale Buttons article.