- Setting Up the Level Up Scanner
- Configuring the Management Console Settings
- LevelUp Payments on the Point of Sale
Setting Up the Level Up Scanner
For this setup you will need the LevelUp Scanner, Connector Box, Scanner Cable, LevelUp Button and Power Adapter. You can disregard the yellow USB Cable and the purple Serial Cable because you will not need them for your setup. If you did not receive all of the items you need for your setup, please call 855-538-3542 for assistance.
- Place the LevelUp Scanner face-down on a level surface. The Scanner must be face-down in order to activate its bluetooth capabilities.
- Connect the LevelUp Scanner to the Connector Box with the Scanner Cable.
- Connect your LevelUp Button to the Connector box. Make sure it is all the way in.
- Connect the green end of the Power Adapter to the Connector Box and the other end into a secure power source.
- The Scanner will quickly flash green to show it is now discoverable by a point-of-sale system. If you miss the green flash, simply disconnect and then reconnect the Scanner Cable on the back of the Scanner and wait about 10 seconds for the green flash.
Connect POS to the Scanner with your system's Bluetooth settings. Bluetooth settings are located in iPad settings.The Scanner will only be discoverable for 3 minutes. If connection is not established within these 3 minutes, simply disconnect and then reconnect the Scanner Cable to the back of the Scanner to refresh a new 3 minutes.
*** If your scanner is not finding the bluetooth device, print and scan the code below.
Configuring the Management Console Settings
- In the Management Console, navigate to Settings.Use the search for settings bar, and enter LevelUp Payments
- Check Enable LevelUp. Then click the Connect with LevelUp button.
- Enter your LevelUp credentials, then click Sign In. Choose your location details. You should then see the merchant id and location id fields. Then click Save.
- Navigate to Establishment > Stations. Select the desired station and click the Orders/Payment options tab.Under the payment options displayed section, verify that LevelUp is listed as a payment option. Click Save if any changes are made.
LevelUp Payments on the Point of Sale
- Create Order then press Pay. Under the Payment options tap LevelUp. The iPad will display a message for your customer to scan Levelup QR code from app. Place the customer's QR code in 1-3 inches in front of the Levelup scanner.
- When the code scans, the color on the Scanner will change and the LevelUp Button will light up. Press the glowing LevelUp Button. This will transmit the LevelUp Code from the Scanner to POS.