- Setting Up the LevelUp Scanner
- Configuring the Management Console Settings
- LevelUp Payments on the Point of Sale
- Activate and Manage Legacy Gift Cards
- LevelUp Reporting
Setting Up the LevelUp Scanner
For this setup you will need the LevelUp Scanner, Connector Box, Scanner Cable, LevelUp Button and Power Adapter. Please visit this LevelUp Guide to view setup instructions.
Configuring the Management Console Settings
- In the Management Console, navigate to Settings.Use the search for settings bar, and enter LevelUp
- Check Enable LevelUp. Then click the Connect with LevelUp button.
- Enter your LevelUp credentials, then click Sign In. Choose your location details. You should then see the merchant id and location id fields:
- If you are using LevelUp loyalty and gift cards, select Enable LevelUp Gift from the search results.
- Check the box next to Enable LevelUp Gift. Then click the Connect with LevelUp button and enter your LevelUp credentials.
- Then click Save.
- Navigate to Establishment > Stations. Select the desired station and click the Orders/Payment options tab.Under the payment options displayed section, verify that LevelUp is listed as a payment option. Click Save if any changes are made.
LevelUp Payments on the Point of Sale
- Create Order then press Pay. Under the Payment options tap LevelUp. The iPad will display a message for your customer to scan LevelUp QR code from app. Place the customer's QR code 1-3 inches in front of the LevelUp scanner.
- When the code scans, the color on the Scanner will change and the LevelUp Button will light up. Press the glowing LevelUp Button. This will transmit the LevelUp Code from the Scanner to POS.
Activate and Manage Legacy Gift Cards
Revel supports LevelUp Legacy Gift Cards alongside the scannable QR codes. To add value to legacy gift cards:
- In the Point of Sale, add a gift card item to the order and tender using the Cash payment option. This will open up an "Activate Gift Card" window.
- On this prompt, tap Add Value:
- Enter the customer's legacy gift card number and tap OK to complete the transaction.
Once gift value is loaded to a legacy gift card, you can then manage these legacy gift cards on the Settings > Gift Cards screen:
LevelUp payments and gift payments appear in the operations report under the Net to Account For section:
In the Order History report, LevelUp discounts appear in the Discounts section of an individual order, while LevelUp payments and gift payments appear in the Payment section. If the payment comes from LevelUp, the payment type displays as LevelUp. If the payment comes from a LevelUp gift, the payment type displays as LevelUp Gift.
If the LevelUp discount is greater than the full amount of the order, no payment information appears, as the discount applied covers the entire order.
LevelUp gift payments do not appear in the Gift Card and Gift Transactions reports because these reports display only Revel gift cards. LevelUp payments and gift payments appear in the Payment Summary report alongside other payments.