Depending on your dining options, you can select a tax to be specifically added to a product or order. This could be a sugar tax or other special tax for a specific item you sell. In just a few steps, you can enable and set up the Tax by Dining option.
- From the Settings page, click Clear Selections to search for a single function
- Type tax by dining in the search bar and check the box for Tax by Dining/Order Option
- Double-click the box on the right-hand side to enable Tax by Dining/Order Option. Then click Save.
- Navigate to the Products page, then select Taxes.
- Select New Tax Group to create a new tax group for the dining tax.
- Enter the group name and click Save. Select the tax group you just tax group you just created. Then click Individual Taxes.
- To create an individual tax, Click +Add Tax . Enter the tax name, rate, and effective date(s). Then click Save.
- Select the next to the individual tax you just created.
- Click the box next to Order Types to open a drop-down menu and select order types the tax will apply to. Click Save.