When you have a table service (dine-in) establishment, there may be times when you need to move or merge tables together. This is most often used when you have a bar where customers wait until their table is ready, and order drinks and appetizers before being seated at their table. This could also be used when people unexpectedly decide to join friends at a table. Revel makes it simple to merge orders and move tables within your establishment. Before we start looking at merging orders, make sure you take a look at our article Table Service Settings to understand the settings for table service. Our article How to Take an Order TSR will show you how to take an order on your iPad POS for table service.
Let's take a look at the functions of merging and moving tables within the iPad POS:
An employee or manager can merge orders from the POS. This is most often used to move drink orders to a table from the bar for guests waiting for a seat in the main restaurant.
- Once an order has been taken at the bar or another table, use the Orders button to locate the order:
- Click on the order you want to move:
- At the bottom of the screen are the Action buttons for your order, click the Move Table action button:
- This will take you to the Move/Merge Orders home page. Select the order that you want to move to a table, and choose the table from the list on the right hand side by tapping on it:
- Click the Move button at the upper right hand corner of the page:
- Your order screen will appear, and it will now show the table number at the upper left-hand side of the order page:
- The table will also show as occupied on the Tables view:
You can merge one or more orders to a single table from your POS. This comes in handy if you have guests who want to dine with other guests who have already ordered, or if you accidentally select the incorrect table for an order.
- Locate the order you wish to move to another table by clicking the Orders button on the POS dashboard:
- Click the order to open it, at the bottom of the screen are a set of Action buttons. Select Move Table from the list:
- The Move/Merge Orders screen will open, select the order to move:
- To view tables already in use to merge to, click the Available button at the top of the menu on the right hand side of the page:
- A drop-down will appear, select In Use:
- A list of all tables, available and in use will appear. Select the table you want to merge to by tapping on the table number:
- Then, click the Move button to merge the tables together:
That's it! Now you can move tables from one to the other and merge tables and orders together.