Note: this article refers in part to features in our latest software version, which you may not be using yet. Not to worry, though—your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version over the next few weeks.
Want a sneak peek at the new version? Sign up for our beta program today!
Revel integrates with Twilio, allowing you to send SMS messages to your customers when their order or table is ready.
Please make sure you have an existing Twilio account. If you don't yet have an account, visit the Twilio Website to get started.
- Connecting Your Twilio Account
- Setting Up Your Messaging
- Enabling SMS on Done from KDS
- Using the Integration
Connecting Your Twilio Account
First, enter your Twilio settings into your Revel Management Console:
- On your Revel Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to Settings
- Click Clear Selections and type Twilio into the search bar
- Check the box next to Twilio
- Enter your Twilio SID, Token and the Phone Number you'd like messages to send from and click Save:
- To locate the above information, login to your Twilio account and navigate to the dashboard:
Setting Up Your Messaging
To set up your messaging, you need Table Reservations enabled. Please contact Revel Support to enable this setting if you are unable to complete the following steps:
- On your Management Console, go to Settings
- Click Clear Selections and type Table Reservations into the search bar
- Check the box next to Table Reservations
- Under Messaging, click + Add SMS Preset
- Enter the required information:Message Preset: enter the SMS message text
Automatic: check if you'd like the SMS to be sent automatically using the triggers you decide
Trigger: select After Added to Waitlist or Quoted Wait Time as the trigger to send the SMS, then enter the minutes after/before the selected trigger you'd like the SMS to send
Active: uncheck this to deactivate that message preset
- Click Save
Enabling SMS on Done from KDS
You can automatically send an SMS when tapping Done on the KDS in expedite view.
- In your Management Console, go to Settings
- Click Clear Selections and type Send SMS on into the search bar
- Check the box next to Send SMS on KDS Done
- Enable Send SMS on KDS Done and enter the message you'd like automatically sent:
Note: by entering $order or $name in the text field, the text will include that information from the order
- Click Save
Using the Integration
Once your customers are added to your Waitlist or Reservations list on the Point of Sale, they will start to receive any automated SMS messages you configured to send. You will be required to add a customer and phone number to the reservation or waitlist for this functionality to work.
You can see what messages were sent, or manually send SMS messages by following these steps:
- Open the Reservations or Waitlist lists on your Point of Sale
- Make sure there's a customer connected to the reservation or waitlist entry:
- Messages will be sent automatically based on the messaging settings you previously setup
- To see which SMS's have been sent or to manually send an SMS, click the pencil, then Edit Entry:
- On the screen prompt, enter the text you'd like to send as an SMS and click Send:
- All sent SMS's will show on the Edit Entry screen once sent:
Helpful Hint: your customers can text back Remove (not case sensitive), and they will be removed from the waitlist and will no longer receive automated text messages.
Include this tip in message presets to help guests to take advantages of this functionality.