Note: this article refers in part to features in our latest software version, which you may not be using yet. Not to worry, though—your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version over the next few weeks.
Want a sneak peek at the new version? Sign up for our beta program today!
Sometimes a customer will place an online order that needs to be fulfilled at a later date. Revel allows these orders to be automatically stored as invoices on your Point of Sale for easy handling of deposits and later fulfillment.
Before using this feature, make sure to enable invoices.
Setting Future Orders to Become Invoices by Default
- Click on Settings in the top menu of the Management Console ([yourdomain]@revelup.com):
- In the left-hand navigation menu, check:
- Future Orders shall be created as invoices
- Number of days into the future where online orders shall come in as invoices.
- Check the box labeled Future Orders shall be created as invoices.
- Enter the number of days into the future at which you would like your orders to default to becoming invoices. For instance, if you enter 2, any order with a due date of 2 or more days in the future will automatically become an invoice:
Future Orders in the Point of Sale
- Tap the order number at the top of the Point of Sale screen:
- In the pop-up window tap Select a Time:
- Assign a due date to the order:
If the due date is more than your specified number of days away (see above) the order will become an invoice. Note that this will not happen right away, but at the end of the day. You can then handle the order as you would any invoice.