Note: this article refers in part to features in our latest software version, which you may not be using yet. Not to worry, though—your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version over the next few weeks.
Want a sneak peek at the new version? Sign up for our beta program today!
Once your KDS is setup, you can optimize its use by setting up Optimize KDS for Coursing. This will only send products to the KDS when that course is ready for preparation.
We've set this feature up to work on both Tile and Line views.
Enabling Optimize KDS for Coursing
To use this feature, enable Optimize KDS for Coursing on the Management Console:
- On your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections and type KDS into the search bar.
- Check the box next to Optimize KDS for coursing.
- Click Save:
Setting up Courses
Next, setup how you'd like your courses to send to the kitchen.
- On your Management Console, go to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections and type send to kitchen into the search bar.
- Select whether you'd like your courses to appear on the KDS on Send to Kitchen on Hold, Send to Kitchen on Demand, or Send to Kitchen on Done.
- Click Save:
Send to Kitchen on Hold: Orders will send to the KDS when you tap Hold on the Point of Sale.
Send to Kitchen on Demand: Orders will send to the KDS when you manually send them from the Point of Sale.
Send to Kitchen on Done: Orders will send to the KDS when you tap Done on the Point of Sale.
For more information on Table Service Settings and Course Prompts, take a look at the Table Service Settings Guide.
If you decide to setup automatic coursing for your individual products, see the Basic Product Details Guide to set this up. Each course will send to the KDS at the designated course time.