At times, depending on the type of establishment you have, you may find it necessary to transfer ownership of an order to another employee. This article will walk you through enabling this feature and using it on your POS. Please use the links below to find the function you're looking for. If you want to know how to move tables or merge orders, take a look at our article Moving Tables and Merging Orders On the iPad POS
Enable Transfer of Ownership
Enabling the feature to transfer ownership is done through your Management Console, in the Settings section. Log into the Management Console (yourdomain.revelup.com), and navigate to the Settings page before following the instructions below.
- Click Clear Selections next to the menu on the left-hand side of the page:
- In the search bar, type Transfer Owner and select Enable transfer owner all modes and click the box next to the feature:
Note: If you want to enable transfer for delivery drivers, check the box next to Transfer ownership of delivery orders to driver:
- Click Save to enable the changes, and refresh your POS Stations.
Transfer Order Ownership
When you have a table service restaurant, you may have a need to transfer ownership of a tab for guests moving from the bar to a table, or if an employee is leaving and has open tables.
- Click the Orders button on the dashboard of the POS and select the order to transfer from the list that appears:
- Using the Action buttons at the bottom of the page, scroll until you see the button labeled Transfer Owner:
- A list of logged in employees will appear. Tap on the employee and tap the Transfer button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen:
- The order will now reflect the new owner of the table:
That's it! Now you can transfer orders from one employee to another.