Course firing is a way to take an order and divide it across the time spent at a table. This is most useful when you're pacing out appetizers, entrees, and desserts for a table service establishment.
Course Fire Settings
To use the course fire feature, certain settings must be enabled first. To do this:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and check Table Service Settings so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Below are the various course fire settings:
- Course print: When enabled, both kitchen and guest receipts will be organized by course.
- Prompt for course: This must be enabled to use the course fire feature. This will prompt the user to select a course for any item added to an order on the POS.
- Do not prompt for seat or course if product course=0: Enable this setting to bypass the course selection for any product that is set to course 0 (this must do done per each product in the product details page). This is most often used with appetizers that are expected to arrive at the table first. However, even if a product is set to course 0, a course can be manually selected on the POS.
- Do not prompt for course or seat if dining option equals take out or delivery: When enabled, any order or item(s) set as take out or delivery will bypass the course prompt.
- Print fire course receipt only: When enabled, tapping Fire Next Course on the POS will print a simple Fire Course X receipt to the kitchen. If disabled, the receipt will also include a list of the course's items.
- Display fire course/ send to kitchen time: The time the course was fired or the item sent to the kitchen shall be displayed next to the course number or on Item Actions. Displaying item sent time is recommended only if you use Send on Demand.
- Automatic course firing from Done on KDS: If selected, courses will fire automatically instead of requiring manual firing on the POS. A delay may be set as a buffer between automatic couse firing. For any order, employees may override the auto-fire behavior directly on the POS as necessary.
How to Fire Courses on the Point of Sale
After you've enabled the above settings, refresh your Point of Sale. To fire a course:
- Open a new table or bar tab like normal. Make sure the dining type is set to Eat In:
- Tap an item to add it to the order. A course prompt window will immediately appear. Select the appropriate course:
- Add additional items to the order until all desired items are added.
- There are two options to send to kitchen:
- Send each course to the kitchen separately.
- Send the entire order at once with the courses listed out on the kitchen receipt or KDS.
- Tap the icon and then tap Send to Kitchen from the overlay window:
- Then, tap Send Course:
- Tap Send. This will send the entire order at once: