Revel allows you to track your inventory through different units of measurements.
- Setting Up Inventory Stock Unit Conversions
- Using Inventory Stock Unit Conversions
- Inventory Stock Unit Conversion Reporting
- Additional Information
Setting Up Inventory Stock Unit Conversions
It is suggested that you first set up your Inventory prior to adding additional Inventory Stock Units. You can follow our Import Export Inventory Tutorial to complete this.
Next, create and name stock units for each product so you can track these units:
- On your Revel Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to Products.
- Find the product you'd like to set up stock units for and click the icon.
- Click Clear Selections, then check the box next to Inventory.
- Scroll down to Stock Units and click + Add a Stock Unit.
- Enter the unit name (eg. Pound).
- In the Conversion field, enter how many individual units of this item go into the stock unit. For example, 24 units (cans) of soda make up a case.
- Check the Primary box next to a stock unit to make that the default stock unit:
- You can repeat these steps to add multiple stock units as required:
Using Inventory Stock Unit Conversions
You can use the stock units to order or reorder different quantities of your products or ingredients.
- When creating a new Purchase Order, scroll to Item Receipts.
- Click the Reorder Unit drop down.
- Select the units you'd like to place the order in:
- When receiving the product from that Purchase Order, inventory quantity will be increased in individual units. The increase depends on the stock unit conversion rate:
When selling products on the Point of Sale, the primary stock unit will be used to count and deduct inventory.
- On the Point of Sale, add a product to your order.
- Inventory will be reduced as you sell that product. For example, after order 2 cases of sodas (48 units), we sold 7 units/cans.
- Current inventory for that product should now reflect those sales by individual unit:
Inventory Stock Unit Conversion Reporting
Product Inventory Summary Report:
Product Inventory Log Report:
If you need additional information on Inventory, take a look at the Introduction to Inventory guide.
Inventory UOM: Displays the unit of measurement assigned to the item. This can be changed through the Product Details or Ingredient Details.
Reorder unit type – When generating invoices, choose whether the reorder type is the default UoM (the can) or the stock unit made.
Note: When a converted stock unit is set as "Reorder unit type" type, the Management Console will require you to have a primary vendor set and will not allow you to remove the connection to a vendor. You can bypass the error by switching back to "default UOM (inventory unit)" or deactivating the setup stock conversion unit. Alternatively, you can assign the product to a different vendor.
Stock Units – These are the stock units, which the item may be purchased in or accounted for. For example, a case of soda is 12 cans. When a purchase order is created, it can be set to purchase 2 cases as oppose to 24 cans.