The Epson TM-m30 is a thermal printer designed to sit next to your Point of Sale station. It can be used as a Bluetooth, wireless, or ethernet solution.
Because this printer is thermal, it is not ideal for hot environments. As such, we do not recommend using this printer in a kitchen.
- Begin by removing the two panels, found on bottom and bottom of the iPad. Insert the power adapter into round port of the printer:
- Optional: If you are hard wiring the printer to a cash drawer, insert one end of the ethernet cable into the printer, and the other end into the cash drawer. If you are not using a bluetooth solution, take the second ethernet cable and insert it into the printer and router:
- Next, reattach the side and bottom panels back to the printer:
- Insert the AC Adapter into a power outlet:
- Turn the Printer on and insert the thermal printer paper:
Bluetooth Pairing the Printer and iPad
If you are connecting the printer via Bluetooth, then you need to pair the printer to your iPad. Please make sure Revel Support has added this printer in the Management Console before attempting to connect it to the iPad. To pair your devices:
- Turn the printer on.
- Tap the Print Status Sheet button on the printer (it is a little pinhole button listed as SW on the back of the printer).
- On your iPad, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle the switch to On. The switch will be green with a note underneath: "Now discoverable as..."
- The printer will show up under Devices as TM-m30_000XXX. The 000XXX part will match the number on the printer. Remove the cover to see the number. Tap the device's name and select Connect.
- To finish the pairing you will need to download the "Epson TM Utility" application on the iPad the printer is paired to. Without this, the printer will not work!
- Open the "Epson TM Utility" app and tap Bluetooth Setup Wizard and then tap Next in the bottom right corner.
- Select Connected from the available options. If the printer is successfully connected, you can see the name of the printer connected. From here you can perform a test print. If the test print is successful, close the Bluetooth Setup Wizard.
- Open the POS app and refresh it and perform a test print to be sure that the printer is working.
Specifications and Resources
For specifications on the Epson TM-m30, visit the Epson website.
To configure Wi-Fi use for the Epson TM-m30, please refer to this article.