The Epson TM-m30 is a thermal printer designed to sit next to your Point of Sale station. It can be used as a Bluetooth, wireless, or ethernet solution.
Because this printer is thermal, it is not ideal for hot environments. As such, we do not recommend using this printer in a kitchen.
- Begin by removing the two panels, found on bottom and bottom of the iPad. Insert the power adapter into round port of the printer:
- Optional: If you are hard wiring the printer to a cash drawer, insert one end of the ethernet cable into the printer, and the other end into the cash drawer. If you are not using a bluetooth solution, take the second ethernet cable and insert it into the printer and router:
- Next, reattach the side and bottom panels back to the printer:
- Insert the AC Adapter into a power outlet:
- Turn the Printer on and insert the thermal printer paper:
Bluetooth Pairing the Printer and iPad
If you are connecting the printer via Bluetooth, then you need to pair the printer to your iPad. To pair your devices:
- Turn the printer on.
- On your iPad, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth and turn the switch to On. The switch will be green with a note underneath: "Now discoverable as..."
- The printer will show up under Devices as TM-m30_000119. The 000119 part will match the number on the printer. Remove the cover to see the number. Tap the device's name and select Connect.
Specifications and Resources
For specifications on the Epson TM-m30, visit the Epson website.
To configure Wi-Fi use for the Epson TM-m30, please refer to this article.