RevelGuard is a device that provides Revel insight to your Point of Sale operations. Our goal is to help you keep your operations running smoothly.
How Does the RevelGuard Work?
The RevelGuard watches over the Revel hardware and the network connection for your business, making sure that you can smoothly process transactions. The performance and availability of the iPad Point of Sale system, will only be available internally for Revel Support. This data helps Revel diagnosing problems, identify configuration conflicts, and detect failure trends at your establishment.
- The RevelGuard has no access to your financial data, transaction details, nor will it interfere with the normal operation of your Revel iPad POS system.
- This device will not interrupt normal business operations, nor transmit sensitive information.
- Revel Systems uses custom programming tool that encrypts your network data and sends the status report back to the Support team.
For Hardware Troubleshooting:
- Verify that the power supply is firmly connected (a light will glow when the device is on).
- Restart your RevelGuard Device. This can be done by unplugging and reconnecting the power supply to the Revel Guard.
For Network Troubleshooting:
- Check the ethernet cable and make sure it is securely plugged in. The device should be connected directly to the router (at least temporarily to eliminate cable/switch).
- If you are The device should be pinged using third party tools like Fing (default IP - 192.168.22.81).