With Revel, you have the option to limit the actions that can be taken on closed orders on the Point of Sale without manager approval.
Enabling the setting Do Not Allow Modifications of Closed Orders setting helps ensure your order data is as accurate as possible. When enabled, anyone without manager permissions will not be able to add, edit, or remove order items, add or edit discounts, or perform other actions.
It's also possible to prevent returns, refunds, or exchanges on closed orders.
To enable this setting:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type do not allow in the search box.
- From the settings menu, check the box next to Do not allow modifications of closed orders so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Check the box to enable Do not allow modification of closed orders. This greatly limits any actions that can be taken on the closed order without manager permission.
- Click the drop-down menu to select if modifications are not allowed on closed orders After 24 hours or Ever.
- If you want to Prevent Returns/ Refunds for closed orders, enable that setting as well.
- Click Save when done.
Please Note: If you've selected to prevent returns/ refunds, you can still process returns by using Receiptless Returns or by overriding the return limitations with a manager PIN. Creating a receiptless return will create a new order as opposed to re-opening the closed one.
For Retail clients only—You can still process exchanges if Do Not Allow Modifications of Closed Orders is enabled.