Revel's End-of-Day (EOD) wizard allows you to streamline the steps of your closing process. One of the most useful and powerful ways to use the End-of-Day process is by forcing all open, paid orders to close at the end of each business day.
Additionally, unpaid or partially paid orders can be reconciled, depending on your presents, through quick key functions or manual inspection.
Enabling EOD to Force Close All Open Orders
To ensure all open orders must be closed before the system can be closed out, specific End-of-Day Process settings must be enabled. To set these:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type End of Day in the search bar.
- From the settings menu, check the box next to End of Day so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Make sure there is a check mark next to End of Day Process. This setting must be enabled in order to use the EOD wizard on the Point of Sale.
- To automatically close all 0.00 open orders at the end of the day, check the box for Close 0.00 Orders. Enabling this will automatically close any orders that have been paid in full, but are still open when you run the EOD process.
- If you want to ensure all open orders are brought to your attention before closing the system for the day, check the box next to Reconcile Open Orders:
- Next, scroll down to the Order Reconciliation Presets section. Here you can choose which quick keys to include when reconciling your open orders:
- Void & Refund: Voids the entire order and refunds payment.
- Close to Cash: Records a payment as cash and closes the order.
- Close to Credit+: Records a payment as credit+ and closes the order.
- Carry to Next Day: Moves the order to the next day.
- Go to Order: Opens to the order. This gives you more flexibility to close the order in the manner of your choosing.
- Click Save when done:
To learn about the other End-of-Day options and how to run the End-of-Day wizard on the Point of Sale, check out our End-of-Day Process article.