With Revel, you can create recipes for your ingredients. This is useful if you have items you make in house, but are not sold individually on your menu. For instance, housemade sauces, buns, or ice cream.
Attaching a recipe to an ingredient allows you to track your inventory to the micro-ingredient level.
Before creating a recipe, you will first need to create the ingredients you plan to track. For example, if you are attaching a recipe to a homemade salad dressing, you would want to add each of the dressing ingredients such as the oil, vinegar, spices, etc.
Attaching a Recipe to an Ingredient
To create a recipe for an ingredient:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Products tab.
- Click Ingredients:
- On the Ingredients page, click the icon in line with the ingredient you want to edit:
- On the Recipe page, click + Add Ingredient:
- Start typing the name of the ingredient in the field that appears and select it from the list of matching results:
- Fill out the QTY field.
- Repeat Steps 4-6 to add additional ingredients to the recipe.
- Click Save when done.