When the Round Up Cash setting has been enabled, a Round Up Cash button will appear among the Quick Action icons under an open order on the Point of Sale.
Tapping the Round Up Cash icon will cause the system to assume the next even dollar figure has been tendered in cash. It will take you immediately to the Payment screen and display the change due.
For instance, if the order total is $13.99, tapping the Round Up Cash button will take you to the Payment screen and $.01 will show as the change due.
Enabling Round Up Cash
To use the Round Up Cash feature on the Point of Sale, it must first be enabled on the Management Console. To do this:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Round Up in the search bar.
- Check the box next to Round Up Cash so the setting appears on the right side of the screen.
- Place a check mark in the box for the Round Up Cash setting and click Save:
Round Up Cash on the Point of Sale
After you've enabled the Round Up Cash setting on the Management Console, refresh your Point of Sale. Then:
- Log into the Point of Sale and create a new order like normal.
- Add all needed products to the order.
- On the bottom left of the order, you will see the Quick Action icons. Swipe over the icons until the Round Up Cash icon appears:
- Tap it to tell the system the next even dollar amount up from the order total has been received in cash.
- You will be taken immediately to the Payment screen where the change due will display:
- Tap Done to close the order.