If you want to add and edit multiple CRM entries at once, you can use the Customer Relationship Manager Import/ Export tool on the Management Console.
You also have the option to add and edit customers individually on the Management Console or the Point of Sale.
Please Note: This feature only works with Excel.
- How to Export the Customer (CRM) Spreadsheet
- How to Use the Customer (CRM) Spreadsheet
- How to Import the Customer (CRM) Spreadsheet
How to Export the Customer (CRM) Spreadsheet
Whether you want to add new customers or edit your existing customers, you must use the official Customer (CRM) spreadsheet. To export the spreadsheet:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the CRM tab.
- Click the Export/Import page:
- Select the following:
- Basic: This will export the standard customer spreadsheet along with your existing customer list.
- Empty Template: This will export the standard customer spreadsheet but will not contain your existing customer list. Use this option if you are adding new customer only.
- Show All Customers: Check the box if you want the export to include your active and inactive customers. Uncheck this if you want the export to include active customers only.
- Only Customers with House Accounts: Check the box if you want the export include customer with house accounts only. Uncheck this if you want the export to include all customers regardless of house account details.
- Export Type:
How to Use the Customer (CRM) Spreadsheet
Once you've exported the spreadsheet per the steps above, open it via Excel. You can add new customers or edit existing customers directly in the spreadsheet. To do this:
- To add new customers, fill out the following required fields:
- First Name (Column D).
- Last Name (Column E).
- Email (Column F): Make sure to enter a valid email address or the import will fail. It must be in the format email@example.com.
- Country (Column T): Enter US for United States.
- Primary Billing Address (Column V): Enter Yes or No.
- Primary Shipping Address (Column W): Enter Yes or No.
- Address Active (Column Y): Enter Yes or No.
- Active (Column AA): Enter Yes to activate/ keep a customer active. Enter No to deactivate a customer.
- Type (Column B): Enter Individual or Company.
- Phone Number (Column G): Numbers only. Must be fewer than 20 characters or the import will fail.
- Company Name (Column K).
- Street 1 (Column O).
- Street 2 (Column P).
- City (Column Q).
- State (Column R).
- Zipcode (Column S).
- Notes (Column AB): Here you can enter any relevant information about the customer.
- House Account Enabled (Column AK): Enter Yes or No.
- House Account Balance (Column AL): Here you can easily update multiple customer house account balances at once. Please note, this is only if the balance changed via a transaction away from the Point of Sale.
- House Account Max Limit (Column AM): If there is a limit to how much balance a customer can accrue, enter it here.
- Gift Cards (Column AN): If you would like to attach a gift card to the customer, enter the gift card number here. Please note: Only use active gift card numbers here.
- Please Note: Leave the ID field (Column A) empty. Revel will automatically generate a unique ID for the customer when they are added. If you are editing an existing customer, do not change the ID number. This is the main identifying reference for the customer.
- When you've entered all customer details, save the spreadsheet.
How to Import the Customer (CRM) Spreadsheet
After you've edited and saved your spreadsheet, you can import it. To do this:
- On the Management Console, go back to Customers>Export/Import, then scroll down to the Import Customers section.
- Click Choose File and attach the spreadsheet.
- Click Import:
- A yellow box will appear once the file begins to process. Since it's an offline process, the results will be sent to the email address listed. Once you get the results email, verify that all entries were successfully imported. If any errors occurred, the email will state them. Fix the errors in the spreadsheet and reimport it until all entries have been successfully imported.