Customer Groups are used in the CRM to assign discounts and tax exemptions to customers en masse instead of one by one.
- How to Create a Customer Group
- How to Add Customers to a Customer Group
- How to Edit a Customer Group
How to Create a Customer Group
The first step to using the Customer Group tool is to create the group. To do this:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the CRM tab .
- Click the Customer Groups page.
- Then, click + Add Customer Group:
- Fill out the following fields:
- Group Name: This can be any name you want. Examples include VIP Customers, Tax Exempt Teachers, and Employee Discount Eligible.
- Tax Exempt: Place a check mark in the box if this group is tax exempt, such as teachers or military members.
- Discounts: If this group is eligible for a specific customer discount(s), click the field and begin to type the discount name. Then, select the discount from the options that appear. If you haven't created a customer discount yet, check out our How to Use Customer Discounts article.
- Auto Apply Discounts: Place a check mark in the box if you want the above discount(s) to automatically apply. This means anytime a customer is attached to an order on the Point of Sale, any linked customer discount will automatically apply to the order. If this is not checked, the customer can still receive any eligible customer discounts, but it will left to the discretion of the employee at the time of sale:
How to Add Customers to a Customer Group
Once you've customized the Customer Group details outlined in the above section, it's time to add customers to the group. To do this:
- On the Customer Group details page, scroll down to the Membership section.
- Use the search box to locate a specific customer. Type their name in the box and then check the Add box in line with their name from the results list:
- You can also scroll through the Not Group Members section and check the boxes next to the customers you want to add to the group:
- Once you click Save, all checked customers will show in the Group Members section:
- To remove a customer from the group, check the next to their name. Click Save to officially remove them from the group:
How to Edit a Customer Group
You can edit an existing customer group at anytime. To do so:
- From the main Customer Group page, click the in line with the group you want to edit:
- After you make your edits in the Customer Group details page, click Save: