A House Account is a line of credit that you can extend to your customers, where they can take now and pay later. In essence, a house account acts as a long term tab. But before you can use them, they must be enabled in the Management Console.
- How to Enable House Accounts
- How to Adjust House Account Settings Per Customer
- How to Note Payments to House Accounts on the Management Console
How to Enable House Accounts
To use House Accounts, certain settings must be enabled. To do this:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type House Account in the search bar.
- Check the boxes next to Print signature line on house account receipts, House account payments shall use credit card settings, and House Account so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Check the box next to House Account Enabled. This is the setting that turn House Accounts on or off.
- Check the box for Print signature line on house account receipts if you collect signatures anytime a customer charges to their house account.
- Check the box for House account payments shall use credit card settings if you want house account receipts to be treated like credit card receipts. This means the number and type of receipts as well as the tip and signature lines.
- If you want each new customer that's added to the CRM to be eligible for a House Account automatically, check the box for Enable by Default.
- Fill out the Default House Account Limit if there is a default maximum house account balance your customers can accrue. Once the limit is reached, they will have to make a payment to their balance before they can accrue an additional house account balance.
- Click Save when done:
House Account Settings Per Customer
Once you've turned on House Accounts and customized the settings, you can customize House Accounts for individual customers. This is optional. If you turned on the Enable by Default setting and want every customer to have the same house account specifics, skip this step. Otherwise, follow the steps below:
- On the Management Console, go to the CRM tab.
- Click the in line with the customer you want to edit:
- On the Customer Details page, scroll down to the House Account section. Here you can edit the following settings:
- Enabled: Check this box to turn on House Accounts for this customer. If you have enabled house accounts by default, this will automatically be checked unless the customer was added before house accounts were enabled by default. If this is not checked for the customer, they will not have the option to pay via house account at the time of sale.
- Balance: This displays the customers current outstanding balance. The following section covers how to make payments to house accounts on the Management Console.
- Max Limit: Use this field to set a maximum limit for the customer. This means if they reach their limit, they will not be able to add any additional balance to their house account until they make a payment. This will be an automatic alert at the time of sale if their limit has been reached.
How to Note Payments to House Accounts on the Management Console
House account payments can only be processed on the Point of Sale, but you can note a payment on the Management Console.
Please Note: Any house account payment marked on the Management Console is just a note of the payment. If receiving a credit card payment, it must be processed through the Point of Sale (LINK TO POS HA PAYMENT ARTICLE).
There are two methods to note house account payments on the Management Console:
- Through the House Account Payment Report
- Through the Customer Details page
To note a payment via the House Account Summary:
- On the Management Console, go to the Reports tab.
- Hover over the Other Reports tab and select House Account Summary from the drop-down menu:
- Use the date range drop-down menu or the filters button to quickly find the customer you're looking for. Once the customer's name is showing, you will see several icons to the far right of the customer's name:
- : Use this icon to note any payments made or any additional balances accrued. This does not process the payment. It is only to make a note that a payment was received at a previous time. If a sale was made or a payment was received directly through the Point of Sale, it will adjust automatically. When you click this icon, an Adjust Customer House Account Balance window will appear. Enter the amount of the adjustment and then click Increase or Decrease depending if they accrued more balance or made a payment, respectively.
- : Use this icon to note any payments to a house account balance. As mentioned, this will not actually process the payment; it will only note it. After you click the icon, a Customer House Account Payment window will appear. Enter the payment Amount and then select the Payment Method. Add any helpful Remarks and then click Take Payment to save the entry.
- : Use this icon to email the house account balance to the customer. It will be send to the email address saved in the customer's CRM details.
To learn how to process house account payments directly on the Management Console, check out our House Accounts article.