Revel's Editable Payment Options allow you to edit your system's existing payment methods to better meet your needs.
The difference between editable payment options and customizable payment types is the editable options retain specific behaviors no matter what edits are made. Customizable payment options serve as tags and allow you to set more specific details.
How to Create Editable Payment Options
To create a new editable payment option:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Editable in the search box.
- Check the box for Editable payment options so the settings appear on the right side of the screen:
- Check the box for Editable payment options. This must be check in order for editable payments to work.
- There are three default payment options:
- Other: Accessed via the Credit+ button on the Point of Sale.
- Trade: Accessed via the Credit+ button on the Point of Sale.
- Check: Accessed via the Check button on the Point of Sale. This option captures a transaction ID.
Please Note: Changing the label of a payment option will change the label of any payment that used that payment option in the reports.