You can remove a customer from your system completely with the Customer Personal Data Anonymization feature. This feature searches for and permanently removes all key information about a customer (name, email, address, phone, date of birth, etc.) from the entire system. Records that reference the customer can then be accessed only by customer ID.
NOTE: Contact Revel Support to enable this feature. Once the feature is enabled you'll be able to select it on the Settings tab.
Enabling Customer Personal Data Automization
Once Revel Support has enabled the feature, you can change it in Settings. Here's how:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections.
- Type consumer in the search field.
- In the left-hand window click the checkbox labeled Customer Personal Data Anonymization to view the option.
- In the right-hand window click the checkbox to enable the feature.
- Click Save:
Removing a Customer from your System
- In the Management Console, go to the CRM tab.
- Click the anonymization icon in line with the customer's name:
- In the pop-up window, confirm anonymization by clicking Continue, or click Cancel.
The customer's personal data has now been completely scrubbed from the system, although you will be able to see records concerning them under their anonymous customer ID in your Action Log.