Note: this article refers to features in version 2.51, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console has already been updated to the latest version. No action required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app is now available in the App store! Here head here for update instructions.
With Version 2.51, it's now possible to limit an employee's ability to transfer their own orders.
This is specifically designed as an extra security measure to prevent fraud, theft of cash sales, and "floating" checks.
How to Restrict Ability to Transfer Orders
To restrict or grant the ability to transfer orders:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Employees tab.
- Click Permissions:
- Click POS Role Permissions:
- Once on the POS Role Permissions page, find Transfer Orders.
- Check this permission for all roles that are able to transfer orders on the point of sale.
- Leave this unchecked for all roles that are not able to transfer orders on the point of sale:
- Click Save: