Note: this article refers to features in version 2.51, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in early June. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
With Version 2.51, you can now allocate point of sale permissions based upon how the employee is clocked in.
For instance, if an employee is scheduled as a bartender for the day, they will not have the high level permissions (like voids, comps, discounts) that they would have on days scheduled as a manager or shift leader.
How to Allocate Permissions Based on How Employee is Clocked In
To allocate permissions based on how employee is clocked in:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Enforce in the search bar.
- Check Enforce Permissions based on Clocked In Role so the setting appears on the right side of the screen.
- Check the box for Enforce Permissions based on Clocked In Role.
- Click Save: