Note: this article refers to features in version 2.51, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console has already been updated; no action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
Currently, when a loyalty profile is created, you must manually enter a customer’s Loyalty ID. In Revel’s 2.51 release, every time a new loyalty member is created, the Point of Sale will automatically generate a loyalty number based on the customer’s phone number. This reduces redundancy and the number of clicks for your cashiers and improves the speed of service.
- Navigate to the the Settings Tab. Under the Search for settings bar, enter and check the box for Allow Automatic Loyalty Generation.
- Next, check the box next to this feature, then click Save.
- Select if you would like the numbers to generate randomly, by a customer’s phone number, or by manual input. Then select the number of digits you would like generated.
- Lastly, click Save. Please refresh the Point of Sale before testing any changes.