When you create a delivery order, the point of sale will prompt you to enter a call name for the customer. This means that if you want to attach the order to an existing customer's name, you have to enter the name twice. This feature allows you to suppress the prompt on orders that are already attached to a customer. Instead of prompting you, the system will automatically use the customer's first name for a call name, so you'll only have to enter the name once.
Enabling or Disabling the Call Name Prompt
- In the Management Console, ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections.
- In the search field, type call name.
- In the left navigation window, click the box labeled Prompt for Call Name under Quick Service Settings.
- To prompt for a call name by default on delivery orders, click the box labeled Prompt for Call Name. If the box is checked and you want to disable all call name prompts, uncheck the box.
- Select your prompt options:
- On Pay: The prompt will appear on the point of sale when the customer pays.
- On Hold: The prompt will appear when the order is put on hold.
- On Send: The prompt will to appear when the order is sent to the kitchen.
- Require Call Name: Delivery orders will require a call name.
- Suppress Prompt if Order Already Has a Customer: When a delivery order is already attached to a customer's name, the system will use that name for the call name and the prompt will not appear.