Revel supports the use of discount barcodes. This article details how to set up and use barcode discounts.
- Visit a free barcode printing website that prints UPC-A compliant barcodes.
- Follow the instructions there for generating a 12-digit UPC-A barcode.
Setting Up Discount Barcodes
If you haven't already, create a discount in the Management Console before proceeding with the below steps.
- In the Revel Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to Products > Discounts.
- Click the next to the discount you want to edit.
- In the Barcode field, enter the 12-digit barcode you generated previously.
- Click Save.
Using Discount Barcodes on the Point of Sale
- On the Point of Sale, add an item to the order screen. Then tap the specific item and select Discount Item
- Under the item discount, tap Scan.
- Scan or manually enter your discount barcode.
- Lastly, you'll see the discount barcode automatically applied to the order screen.