Auto gratuity is a feature that when enabled will automatically add a set tip percentage based on the number of guests per order. This is a table service setting.
Once auto gratuity has been turned on via the Management Console, it can be further edited on the Point of Sale per each order.
Enabling Auto Gratuity on the Management Console
To enable auto gratuity:
- On the Management Console, go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type auto gratuity in the search bar.
- Check Enable auto gratuity so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Check the box for the Enable auto gratuity setting. When you check this, two more fields will appear:
- Number of diners to invoke auto gratuity: Enter the guest count that will automatically trigger the auto grat on the point of sale.
- Amount of auto gratuity: Enter the percentage amount of the auto grat. This is the default tip amount but can be adjusted on the point of sale per order:
Editing Auto Gratuity on the Point of Sale
Once you enable and customize auto gratuity through the Management Console, you can turn auto grat on/off per each order as well as edit the tip percentage. To do this:
- Create an order on the POS like normal.
- Tap the Auto Gratuity icon from the quick action icons on the bottom left of the order screen:
- If the order does not have the set number of guests to trigger auto grat, it will be Off by default. Just tap it to turn it On. If the order already has the set number of guests, auto grat will be On by default. Tap to turn Off.
- The Set Gratuity field will display the tip percentage set through the Management Console. Edit this field to change the percentage amount. Then tap Submit:
- Close out the order like normal.
Please Note: If you're using the Split Bill feature, please apply and adjust auto gratuity prior to splitting the check.