Delivery Management is Revel's comprehensive tool used for tracking deliveries, estimating delivery time, and viewing order details and driver histories. The system is capable of optimizing delivery routes by calculating the time it takes to prepare food and add it to the time it takes to deliver the order to the customer. The Delivery Console also includes a structured end-of-delivery procedure to maintain accurate delivery reports and the insight required to run a successful delivery business.
The tool also includes a structured end-of-delivery procedure to maintain accurate delivery reports and the insight required to run a successful delivery business.
- Configuring Delivery Settings on the Management Console
- Employee Roles and Permissions
- Sending an Order to Delivery
- Delivery Console
- Map View
- Order History
- Order Queue
- Drivers View
- Driver History View
- Assigning a Driver to a Delivery
- Transferring Ownership of Deliveries
- Clocking In for Shift Start
- Virtual Tills
- Taking Payment and Adding a Tip
- Performing a Cash Drop
- Checking Out the Delivery
- Checking In the Delivery
- End Shift Process
Configuring Delivery Management Settings
Once Delivery Management is activated by Revel Support, you then have access to customize your settings to meet your business needs. These can be adjusted from the Management Console; to do so, use the steps below:
- From the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Settings.
- Clear selections and search for Delivery.
- Check the box on the left for all available settings to appear on the right.
- Activate the desired settings on the right:
Available Delivery settings include:
Setting Description Auto capture customer information for delivery If you select delivery as the dining option, you will be prompted to attach a customer to the order. Delivery Managers automatically login to Delivery screens If enabled, users with delivery manager role will automatically login to the delivery screens. Otherwise, they will to access them from the Orders menu. Catering Delivery tracking Enables the Catering dining option together with reporting and tracking on the Point of Sale and Management Console. Require manager approval for same day catering orders If selected, a user with manager access will need to approve any catering order delivery on the current day. Delivery driver Activates the Delivery Driver report on the management console and virtual till behavior for delivery drivers on the Point of Sale. Require virtual till for order assignment Makes it impossible to assign an order to a delivery driver who does not have their virtual till set. Requires Virtual Tills to be activated. Delivery orders subject to cold taxation rules If enabled, items marked as "Is Cold" will be tax free on Delivery orders, just as they are on Take Out orders. Transfer ownership of delivery orders to drivers Under this setting, delivery drivers automatically become the owners of record for their orders. Unassign En Route orders Allows delivery managers to unassign drivers from orders even if they are en route. Delivery optimization Delivery Optimization recommends deliveries that the driver should include with their assigned orders. The system displays a green flag over all unassigned orders the driver should include when they check-out for delivery. These added orders increase the efficiency of the driver’s route and decrease the time it takes an establishment to deliver all orders. Once you select Delivery Optimization, you can enter the maximum time for deliveries to be scheduled from one address to another in Max time between addresses field. Additionally, you can enter the maximum wait time allowed between one delivery to another in the Max wait for next order time. Take a look at Delivery area by post codes If enabled, type a comma-separated list of post codes below. The POS will check delivery addresses against the list of acceptable post codes. If the post code is not found, the system will warn the user that delivery cannot be made to this address. Delivery area by GeoJson
A GeoJson string describing the delivery area. Can be generated using online tools such as http://geojson.io/.
- Check the box to the right of Delivery Area by GeoJson.
- On a Web browser go to http://geojson.io/ and enter the delivery area on the GeoJson map using the supplied tools.
- Copy the script located to the right of the map.
- Paste the script in the GeoJson field located in Delivery section.
Display orders ready in the next X minutes Delivery management will, by default, display only those orders which will be ready for delivery within the input number of minutes. You can always choose to display all orders. Unit of measure Select whether delivery management will use miles or kilometers for distance tracking.
- Save when finished.
- Refresh each Point of Sale station.
Employee Role and Permissions
NOTE: The Delivery Management roles and permissions are automatically created when the Delivery options are configured. For more information see Configuring Delivery Management Settings.
Roles are the assigned position the employee holds. Permissions define the tasks that the employee can perform on the Point of Sale when assigned to a role.
Two roles are automatically created to perform all Delivery Management tasks:
- Driver — The Driver has permission to answer incoming calls, send messages, add extra items to an order and create and receive. The driver also has full till access and can use a virtual till.
- Driver Manager — The Driver Manager controls all aspects of the delivery. They assign drivers to an order, adjust tips, check-in drivers, end a drivers shift, adjust mileage, and cash in/out for an employee. The Driver Manager can also approve a delivery to an address outside the approved delivery area.
Additionally, take a look at Employee Roles and Permissions to learn how to grant more or less access to your roles.
Sending an Order to Delivery>
For an order to appear in the Delivery Console, it must be assigned as a Delivery Order. If you are not automatically prompted for dining option*, you can manage at any time throughout the order process. To do so, use the steps below:
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, tap New Order.
- Select the desired product and any relevant modifiers or attributes. The Point of Sale adds the product to the left on the Order screen.
- Tap the Dining option button, the Dining pop-up menu opens.
- Select Delivery and then tap OK.
- Tap the Order ID to open the Order Details window.
- If you are not prompted to enter the customer info, tap Add Customer .**
- Select the customer's name or tap New Customer to add the customer.
- Tap Add to Order and then do one of following:
- Tap Send order to send the order to the kitchen, if applicable.
- Tap Pay to take payment for the order
- Tap Hold Order, if the customer pays for the order upon the delivery.
- Orders will now appear in the delivery console to manage and assign to delivery drivers.
*To turn on a prompt for dining option, from the Management Console, navigate to Settings. Clear selections and search for Prompt for Dining Option. Check the box on the left to display the setting on the right. Activate using the box on the right. Once selected, this will default to prompt at the start of a new order. Optionally, you can choose the option to prompt On Pay. Save when finished.
**To turn on a prompt for customer info, from the Management Console, navigate to Settings. Clear selections and search for Prompt for Customer. Check the box on the left to display the setting on the right. Activate using the box on the right. Once selected, this will default to prompt at the start of a new order. Optionally, you can choose the option to prompt On Pay or Require customer info in order to proceed in the order. Save when finished.
NOTE: Currently, Revel prints either the Customer name or the Company Name in the 'Deliver to' slot of Order Receipt. Delivery receipts will now automatically print the customer’s name, along with their company name (if one listed). If there is a company name associated with a customer record (either the person or the address part) it shall print on the expo receipt for delivery orders.
Once your Delivery Settings and Employee Roles and Permissions are configured from the Management Console, you will then have access to Delivery Management on the Point of Sale.
There are two options available for accessing the Delivery Console:
- From your Point of Sale Dashboard, click on Delivery Management:
- Within an order, click on the icon, then select the icon and click Delivery:
The employee’s role determines what is displayed on the screen. The Manager can view all drivers and all orders (assigned and unassigned) but a Driver can only view their assigned orders and any orders that have not been assigned.
The Map View displays the details of all unassigned orders. Details include delivery location, when the orders will be ready for delivery, and the best route:
|1||Show Pin Options include:
|2||Order History View shows all orders. Searchable by order IDs and Customer Name.|
|3||Map View: The default view, as shown above.|
|4||Order Queue displays all open orders and their delivery details. Orders can also be assigned to drivers from this display.|
|5||Drivers displays the driver’s orders, status, and directions. The Driver Manager can view all drivers and all assigned and unassigned orders. A Driver can only view their assigned orders and any order that has not been assigned to a driver.|
|6||Driver History shows a list of all drivers and their order and payment totals.|
|7||Transport Method: Choose from walk, bike or car to get accurate delivery times based on the selected delivery method.|
|8||Dismiss: When selected, returns user to the main order screen|
|9||Assign Selected Orders: Allows user to assigns all orders with a green icon to selected drivers|
|10||Order ID displays the order ID associated with each order.|
|11||Ready Timer tells you when an order is expected to be ready.|
|12||Distance shows the total distance of the delivery.|
|13||Total shows the order total and tells you whether the order is paid or still has charges due.|
|14||Order Color Coding allows user to easily determine order status:
The Order History screen displays the order details including Order ID, Status of the order as well as Driver assignment status, order total and amount due:
If you click on the + sign, the details expand to see payment details. All fields on the Order History screen are detailed below:
|Order ID||Tap Order ID for any order to view full order details|
|Status||Indicates wether an order is open or closed.|
|Employee||Shows the driver attache to the order|
|Customer||Shows the customer name|
|Driver Status||Indicates if the order has been assigned to a driver and the estimated delivery time.|
|Total||Displays the order total|
|Due||Shows total still due on the order. If cash was selected at the time of order, then an amount will be required upon delivery.|
|+||Tap to display payment details.|
The Order Queue displays all open orders and their delivery details. Orders can also be assigned to drivers from this display.
|Order ID||Tap Order ID for any order to view full order details|
|Time Since Ordered||How long it’s been since the order was placed.|
|Customer||Shows the customer name attached to the order|
|Address||Customer's Address attached to the order|
|Status||Indicates whether an order is open or closed.|
|+||To the left of the order number, if selected will display payment details|
|Map||Shows directions to the highlighted order. Tap Expand Map to see a larger version of the map with delivery directions.|
The driver view screen displays the driver’s orders, status, and directions. The Driver Manager can view all drivers and all assigned and unassigned orders. A Driver can only view their assigned orders and any order that has not been assigned to a driver.
|Drivers||Shows a list of drivers|
|+/-||To the left of a driver’s name, if selected, allows you to expand and/or collapse their assigned orders|
|Time In/Time Out||Shows how long it’s been since the driver checked in or out|
|Expected Return||Tells when a driver should be available for another order|
|Show All Drivers|
|Small Map||Shows directions to the highlighted order.Tap Expand Map to see a larger version of the map with delivery directions|
|Unassign||Will unassign that order from the assigned driver|
Driver History Overview
Driver History is a list of all drivers and their order and payment totals.
|Driver||Specifies the delivery driver for the order|
|Total Payments||shows the total payments the driver has collected|
|Order Totals||shows the total amount the driver has left to collect|
|End Shift||Allows you to initiate the End of Shift procedure for the driver. Tapping the button will bring up the Till Management Window.|
Assigning a Delivery to a Driver
Once orders are indicated for delivery, they will show in the Delivery Console. From there, you will need to assign a driver to each order. To do so, use the steps below:
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, select Delivery Management.
- By default, the Map View will display with all current orders on the right.
- Tap the order or orders you wish to assign and they will display in blue.
- Tap Assign Selected Orders and the Select a Driver pop-up window opens with three available tabs at top, Unassigned, All and Assigned:
- Unassigned: Displays by default and shows the list of drivers who have no assigned orders
- All: Displays all employees that are designated as a driver role in the system.
- Assigned: Displays all drivers with orders currently assigned to them.
- Under All or Unassigned, choose the driver you wish to assign the order to and then choose OK.
- The order will now appear in the selected driver's queue.
NOTE: In the event that a driver failed to clock out from a previous shift, they may not appear appropriately in the lists under assigned and/or unassigned. They will need to first clock out, then clock back in again to resolve the issue. A manager will need to adjust their clock out time from the previous day.
Transferring Ownership of Deliveries
Managers may transfer a delivery from one driver to another, even if the first driver is already en route. To do so, use the steps below:
- Log in to the Point of Sale as a Delivery Manager.
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, choose Delivery Management.
- Tap Order Queue to see all orders.
- Tap on an order or orders, highlighting the order(s) blue.
- Tap Unassign and the order will immediately be unassigned from the selected driver:
- The Unassign button will change to Assign.
- Select Assign and choose the appropriate driver.
- Tap OK to complete.
Clocking in for Shift Start
To start a shift, the driver must clock in and then log in to the Point of Sale. To Clock In:
- From the Point of Sale login screen, enter the employee PIN and tap Clock In/Out.
- You'll be prompted to confirm employee's name and role.
- Tap OK if correct and the system will confirm that you've been successfully clocked in.
- Tap OK.
Once clocked in, employees can log in to use the system. Repeat the steps above to login but choose Login from the login screen, rather than Clock In/Out.
Employees who keep cash on themselves, for example a delivery driver, may close orders without placing money in the till. A virtual till is tied to an employee and tracks all the employee's activity. Employees with the Delivery role are able to set the starting till amount, set pay-ins/payouts, complete bank drops, and perform cash drops into a physical till. Check out Virtual Tills for more information!
Taking Payment and Adding Tip
If a drive needs to report a payment and/or add a tip to the order, he/she can do so using the steps below:
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, tap Delivery Management. The Map View will display by default; change to Driver View.
- Long-tap on an order to display the Order Details.
- Tap Pay and proceed with the payment and add any necessary tip.
- Tap Done.
Performing a Cash Drop
A cash drop is money taken out of a virtual till and placed into a physical till. The cash drop reports as a payout on the virtual till and a pay-in on the physical till. The physical till must be set up on the station being used for the cash drop in order for the drop to be performed correctly. To perform a cash drop:
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, tap Tills then choose Virtual Tills:
- Choose Cash Drop from the Virtual Tills menu. In Sum Total, enter the amount of cash being transferred from the virtual till to the physical till. You also have the option to enter the specific quantity of each bill in the corresponding Bills fields.
- Tap Submit to Save.
Note: Any cash drops will be reflected in the Tills Report for the virtual till as Pay Outs. The report will show the date and time of the cash drop, the employee who performed it, the Point of Sale station it was performed on, and the physical till that received the cash drop.
Checking Out the Delivery
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, select Delivery Management.
- The Map view will display by default; switch to Driver view.
- Find the driver's name and tap Check Out:
- You will see a pop-up window with options for sending a delivery ticket to the driver:
- To email the ticket, tap Email Order & Route Info and enter the driver's email address.
- To print the ticket, tap Print.
- You can choose both options to print and email the ticket.
- If you would like to include directions, a customer receipt or a tip receipt on a printed ticket, tap the appropriate button. Both printed and emailed tickets will automatically include the customer's first name, last initial and address as well as the details of the order and the amount due.
- Tap Okay:
Checking In the Delivery
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, select Delivery Management. By Default, the Map View will display; switch to Driver View.
- Tap Check In next to the appropriate driver.
- If applicable, enter credit card tips in the Input Credit Card Tips screen and tap Next. If no credit card tips, just tap Next:
- In the Close Open Orders pop-up, select one of the following:
- Click OK to close open orders.
- Select order number(s) and then select Close unpaid orders to cash. Click OK.
- Enter the mileage value in the Enter Total Mileage of Delivery pop-up. NOTE: Default value of mileage is the value Google Maps service determined for the total trip distance.
- Tap OK.
End Shift Process
To close out the virtual till at the end of a shift, follow the steps below:
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, click on Tills to see Virtual Till you created at the start of your shift. Choose End Shift:
- Input the amount remaining in your Virtual Till; enter either a Sum Total or the quantity of each bill type. Tap Next when finished:
- A checkout summary will display. If the totals are accurate, tap Submit. If you need to make any adjustments, tap <End Shift to go back to the previous page:
- Submit payment for all open/unpaid orders (this includes a close to cash functionality).
- Enter tip amount for all outstanding orders which require tip entry.
- Close the virtual till.
- Print a Sales Summary report for the driver.
- Print a clock-in and a clock-out receipt for the employee.
- Manager and driver both sign the clock-out receipt.