Here are some of our most frequently asked questions about hardware:
- Is a static IP address necessary for the router?
- Can the router be used as an access point or wireless bridge?
- Can I print non-Roman characters with an Epson printer?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth printer to iPad?
- Can the iPad POS print from a normal 8.5 x 11 printer?
Is a static IP address necessary for the router?
Revel routers typically use DHCP to acquire their IP address automatically from the ISP (internet service provider) modem to which they're connected.
However, sometimes ISPs give a static IP address. For assistance in setting the router to the static IP address, contact Revel Support.
Check with your ISP provider whether you're assigned static or dynamic IP address.
Can the router be used as an access point or wireless bridge?
The wireless functionality has been disabled for our routers. Access points (APs) are required to create a wireless environment.
Revel does not support using our router as a wireless bridge. All connections to the router should be made through a wired connection.
Can I print non-Roman characters with an Epson printer?
No—you can only print Arabic numerals (0-9) and Roman characters (A-Z) with our Epson printers (all models).
How do I connect my Bluetooth printer to iPad?
To pair the bluetooth printer using SSP (Simple Secure Pairing):
- After turning the printer's power switch on, press and hold the PAIR button on the rear interface of the printer for 5 seconds or more until the LED flashes green, and then release it. Pairing will be possible for 60 seconds from when the LED starts flashing green.
- Next, go to Settings on the iPad, then toggle the Bluetooth option to On (switch should be green with the note underneath "Now discoverable as...").
- After performing pairing, wait until the LED stops flashing green, or turn the printer off and back on again, to enable the connection. The device should now be listed under My Devices on the iPad.
- The bluetooth printer is now paired with/connected to the iPad.
Can the iPad POS print from a normal 8.5 x 11 printer?
Revel only currently supports printing receipts from Epson or Star receipt printers and kitchen printers. However, Revel supports printing invoices from 8.5 x 11 printers. An Air-Print compatible printer is required to be able to print from the iPad to the printer. To learn how to print invoices, click here.