Here are some of our most frequently asked questions about products:
- How do I attach products to my KDS via import/export?
- What do I do if I receive a product picture upload error?
- What are the ideal sizes for product images?
- What's the maximum amount of products I can add to an order?
How do I attach products to my KDS via import/export?
In the Printers column of the exported product spreadsheet (instructions can be found here), type the KDS name exactly as it appears on the Management Console (uppercase, lowercase, etc.). If there are several KDS's, separate them with commas but without spaces. These can be added next to kitchen printer names.
Follow the directions in the above mentioned spreadsheet how-to article to complete the spreadsheet and import it to the Management Console.
What do I do if I receive a product picture upload error?
If an error pops up when uploading the picture on the Management Console for a specific product, the size of it may be too large.
Pictures cannot be uploaded directly from a phone’s camera since the pictures are almost always in HD and too large to upload.
The picture will need to be resized to a lower resolution, best to be below 1000x1000.
After the picture is resized, try uploading again and the error will not show up anymore.
What are the ideal sizes for product images?
If you want to upload product images to your Management Console so they display on the Point of Sale, here are our size recommendations:
- 100x100 minimum, 500x500 maximum
- Square images are best, with rectangles being second best
- The ideal resolution is 72 pixels per inch
- When displaying an image on the CDS, use 100x100. When displaying an image on the POS with the description, 500x500 is best
- When displaying a size chart, the ideal size is 500 x 400 or smaller to ensure readability and loading reliability
Also keep in mind that when uploading an image via URL, the image is always uploaded from that URL before being displayed. If that image is replaced at the same URL, a new image will display. Likewise, if the image is taken down, then no image will display. We recommend uploading your images into the Revel product settings for best results.
The supported file type is .jpg.
What's the maximum amount of products I can add to an order?
An order can have a maximum of 300 line items, with each line item having a maximum quantity of 999.
Please note: Voided items are included in the 300 count.