Sometimes the Zebra ZD-410 label printer prints labels that appear faded or lighter than you prefer. You can darken the font directly in the printer's settings.
To change the text darkness on the Zebra ZD410 printer:
- Follow the steps outlined in How to Print the IP Address of the Printer to determine your printer's IP address.
- Either using an iPad (POS station) connected to the same Revel network or a laptop connected via an ethernet connection to the Revel router, open a web browser and navigate to the IP address obtained in the previous step. For this example, we are using 192.168.22.13.
- The default admin password is 1234. Enter this password and click Submit Changes.
- Select View and Modify Printer Settings.
- Select General Setup.
- Change the darkness from 0 to a higher value. You can enter an integer up to 30.
- Click Submit Changes.
- You are not done yet. The next screen will show that the settings were saved temporarily. Click View and Modify Printer Settings to reach the save configuration screen.
- Click Save Current Configuration to apply the changes you made. After the screen shows that your current configuration has saved, it is recommended to reboot the printer.
- Print a label and ensure the darkness is set to your preferences. If not, repeat the steps above and readjust the darkness.