Here are some common issues encountered with the Epson TM-U220B printer and how to troubleshoot them.
Learn more about setting up your Epson TM-U220B printer.
- Kitchen Tickets Do Not Print and POS Shows Error "Printer Not Responding"
- Kitchen Tickets Do Not Print and No Error Message Is Given
- Red Strip Prints Along One Edge of All Tickets
- Text Size on Tickets Is Too Small
- Printer Prints Long Tickets of Nonsensical Characters
- Printer Prints in Colors You Did Not Set
- Reconfiguring or Resetting the Printer
Kitchen Tickets Do Not Print and POS Shows Error "Printer Not Responding"
- Check if the printer has paper.
- Check if the power lights are lit up on the front of the printer.
- Ensure the Point of Sale is connected to the Revel network.
- Power cycle the printer by turning it off for 10 seconds, then back on.
- Ensure the ethernet cable is firmly connected on both ends.
- Check the Ethernet port LED status lights. Green indicates the port is connected. Flashing amber indicates network activity.
- Ensure the ethernet cable is connected to your Revel router or a switch that is connected to the router.
- Replace the ethernet cable connecting the printer.
- Ensure the IP address found in the Point of Sale's settings matches the IP address printed directly from the printer. To check the IP address of the printer: with the printer powered on, press and hold the reset button on the back of the printer. A configuration sheet will print that displays its IP address.
Kitchen Tickets Do Not Print and No Error Message Is Given
- Confirm you have assigned the printer to your products. Learn more about assigning printers to products.
- Ensure that the selections in the Management Console under Settings > Kitchen View/Kitchen Print > Dining Option Printers is either blank, or this printer is correctly assigned.
- Ensure the printer is not excluded from the Point of Sale station. Learn more about excluding printers for stations.
- Ensure there is not another device on your Revel network with the same IP address as the printer. You can check this in the Management Console by navigating to Establishment > Peripherals and checking the IP address for each device you have connected. If the IP address for your printer matches the IP address of any other device, contact Revel support.
Red Strip Prints Along One Edge of All Tickets
If you see a red strip printing along one edge of all tickets, your printer cartridge is nearly empty and needs to be replaced. Learn how to change your printer's ink cartridge.
Text Size on Tickets Is Too Small
If the text printed on tickets is too small, you can adjust the text size on the Point of Sale.
- On the Point of Sale, navigate to Settings > Printers.
- Here you will see a list of your printers with a Font Size option next to each. You may choose between Normal and Large.
Printer Prints Long Tickets of Nonsensical Characters
If the printer prints long tickets full of nonsensical characters, ensure that you have not redirected a Point of Sale receipt printer to your kitchen printer in POS > Settings > Printers. Note that this printer is not designed to print Point of Sale receipts.
Printer Prints in Colors You Did Not Set
If the printer is printing only in red or a mixed combination of red and black that you have not set according to your Settings, most likely this is due to the ribbon being misaligned. Follow the steps under changing your printer's ink cartridge to ensure the ribbon has been assembled correctly.
Reconfiguring or Resetting the Printer
If the printer needs to be factory reset or reconfigured, please refer to this article on resetting and configuring an Epson printer.