Note: this article refers to features in version 2.55, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in mid-October. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
- For a complete overview of how releases work at Revel, head here .
With Version 2.55, you can now use Tip Thresholds to set different tip prompts for small or large order totals.
Tip prompts can appear on the Point of Sale or Customer Display Screen when the customer pays by credit card.
In order to increase tips, you can now prompt fixed dollar amounts on small orders and percentage amounts for larger orders. For instance, a 15% tip on a $5.00 order is only $0.65, but given the opportunity, most people would tip $1.00 if presented with the choice.
Please Note: Tip thresholds are only available on CDS XT, not CDS 1.0.
Enabling Tip Thresholds
To enable and set up tip thresholds:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Credit prompt tip value in the search bar.
- Check the box next to Credit Prompt Tip Values so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- For the setting Threshold for Small Order Credit Prompt Tips, enter the threshold amount to trigger the fixed tip amount suggestions (as opposed to a percentage amount suggestion). For instance, if you enter 5 in this field, any order that falls below $5 will show a set dollar amount for suggested tips while any order $5 or above will show a percentage amount suggestion.
- Click the drop-down menu for Small Order Credit Prompt Tip Type and select amount.
- Fill out the suggested tip amounts in the fields Small Order Tip Prompt Value 1, 2, and 3.
- Click Save: