Here are some basic troubleshooting tips for the Epson TM-T70 printer.
- Receipts Do Not Print, POS Gives Error “Printer Not Responding"
- Receipts Do Not Print and No Error Message Is Given
- Reconfiguring or Resetting the Printer
Receipts Do Not Print, POS Gives Error “Printer Not Responding"
- Check if the printer has paper.
- Check if the power lights are lit up on the front of the printer.
- Ensure the POS is connected to the Revel network.
- Power cycle the printer by turning it off for 10 seconds, then back on.
- Ensure the ethernet cable is firmly connected on both ends.
- Check the Ethernet port LED status lights. Green indicates the port is connected, while flashing amber indicates network activity.
- Ensure the ethernet cable is connected to your Revel router or a switch that is connected to the router.
- Replace the ethernet cable connecting the printer.
- Ensure the IP address found in POS > Settings > About matches the IP address printed directly from the printer. To check the IP address of the printer: Turn the printer off, press and hold the feed button, turn the printer on and continue to hold the button. After a few seconds, a configuration sheet will print showing you the IP address of the printer.
Receipts Do Not Print and No Error Message Is Given
- Ensure the printer is assigned to your POS station in the Management Console. Navigate to Establishment > Stations > Peripherals to verify this.
- Ensure there is not another device on your Revel network with the same IP address as the printer.
- If text printed on receipts is too small, you can adjust the text size on the POS. To do this, navigate to Settings > Printers. Here you will see a list of your printers with a Font Size option next to each. You may choose between Normal and Large.
Reconfiguring or Resetting the Printer
If the printer needs to be factory reset or reconfigured, please refer to this article on resetting and configuring an Epson printer.