Note: this article refers to features in version 2.55, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in mid-October. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
- For a complete overview of how releases work at Revel, head here.
The Tile Expedite view on the KDS supports coloring timers. The timers are independent of the Kitchen Expedite view timers, and the timers for the two views can have different values.
Whole orders are affected on Tile Kitchen (as opposed to individual items).
Color timing triggers from the Reset Time settings on the Expedite View, which means an order can change from a color to clear depending on those settings.
You can set colored timing from the Management Console or the KDS. Updating the settings in either location will push your changes.
Enabling Colored Timing on the Management Console
To enable colored timing from the Management Console:
- In the Management Console, navigate to Establishment.
- From the left menu, click Kitchen Views.
- Select the Kitchen View to edit.
- In the Common tab, ensure the Kitchen View's Default Kitchen View is set to Tile Expedite:
- In the Expedite tab, enter a time in HH:MM:SS (hours:minutes:seconds) to indicate when you want the order to turn green, yellow, or red:
- From the Reset Expedite Timers dropdown menu, select how you want the expedite timers to reset. The options include:
- Never: The expedite timer never resets. The order changes to green, yellow, or red after the specified time.
- To 0:00 after each item is completed: When an item is marked as complete, the timer resets to 0:00. The order can turn green again if the green timer fire delay time is reached.
- To 0:00 after all items are completed: The timer starts when all items are marked as complete.
- To time of initial item after all items are completed: The timer starts when the first item in an order is completed.
- Click Save.
Enabling Colored Timing on the KDS
To enable colored timing from within the KDS:
- In the KDS, tap the in the upper right side of the screen. If you are already using a tile layout, tap the upper left corner first to expose this icon.
- If required, enter your KDS passcode.
- In the Display Style Preview selection, select Tile Expedite:
- In the Reset Expedite Timers section, select how you want the expedite timers to reset.
- In the Timers section, set the time in minutes to indicate when you want the order to turn green, yellow, or red:
- Tap Save & Close.
Here's how the colored timers look on the KDS after you've saved your changes.