Note: this article refers to features in version 2.55, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
With Version 2.55, you can use the Tip Outs feature to 'tip out' employees while retaining correct cash numbers.
A tip out is a type of Payout (money taken out of the till) which does not affect cash due house/employee numbers. Further, it records the employee name who receives the tip out (rather than recording a reason).
Now employers will be able to track money taken from tills to tip out employees while still having correct cash due lines.
Tip outs are primarily a cash management tool and are not connected to tip pooling or payroll.
Enabling Tip Outs
To use tip outs on the Point of Sale, it must first be enabled in the Management Console. To do this:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type Tip Outs in the search bar.
- Check the box for Tip Outs so the settings appear on the right side of the screen.
- Check the box for the Tip Outs setting.
- Click Save:
Tip Outs on the Point of Sale
To use Tip Outs on the Point of Sale:
- From the POS dashboard, tap the Tills option:
- Select the cash drawer the tip out will be taken from:
- Tap Tip Outs:
- Enter the amount of the tip out. This is the amount of cash you'll be taking out of the drawer:
- Select the employee who will be receiving the tip out. You can choose Clocked in Only or All Employees. Then, tap Submit:
The following reports now include tip out data:
- Payouts/Payins Report (report has been entirely updated to reflect all tip outs made on the Point of Sale)
- Sales Summary Report (new option to filter by employee who received tip out)
- Payment Summary Report
- Operations Report
- Tills Report
- POS Sales Summary Report