Note: this article refers to features in version 2.55, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version in mid-October. No action is required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app will be available shortly after that. Once it's available, head here for update instructions.
- For a complete overview of how releases work at Revel, head here.
You can print receipts from the KDS that provide information about the order. This is helpful to servers running food to tables or expediters packaging up pickup or delivery orders.
The settings described below apply to the existing stock KDS template. If you are using a custom template, any settings changed in the KDS prints settings below will be ignored.
To enable KDS prints:
- In the Management Console, navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections next to the search bar.
- Type KDS Print Options in the search bar.
- In the search results, check the box next to KDS Print Options.
- You will then see a list of options to include on the KDS print ticket. Select the options to print on the ticket. You may select multiple options by holding Cmd or Alt while making your choices. Options include:
- Order Number: The order number. This option is selected by default; you may deselect it.
- Order Option: The type of order.
- Server Name: The server responsible for the order. This option is selected by default; you may deselect it.
- Guest Count: The number of guests in the party.
- Customer Name: The name of the customer. This value will remain blank if no customer name is specified. This option is selected by default for non-table service establishments.
- Call Number: The call number for the order. This value will remain blank if no call number is specified.
- Call Name: The call name for the order. This value will remain blank if no call name is specified.
- Table Number: The table number for the order. This option is selected by default for table service establishments.
- Seat Number: The seat number for the order. This option is selected by default for table service establishments.
- Coursing Data: Coursing information for the order.
- Key Data in Red: If selected, any modifiers will display in red.
- Notes: Any additional notes about the order.
- Click Save.