Caller ID helps you manage phone orders by recognizing customers and keeping a history of incoming calls.
Enabling Caller ID
To enable Caller ID for your establishment, contact a Revel Agent. Once Caller ID is enabled for your establishment, you can choose which point of sale stations will use it.
To enable Caller ID on a Point of Sale station:
- On the Management Console (yoursubdomain.revelup.com), go to the Establishments tab.
- Click Stations.
- Click a point of sale station.
- Click the Caller ID checkbox.
- Click Save:
Using Caller ID
When a call comes in, tap the green New Order button. If the number belongs to a customer in your system, the new order will be automatically attached to that customer. If it's a new number, Caller ID will convert it to a new customer account. Decline dismisses that call and removes it from that POS. Other Synchronized POS will still display the call. Tap Hold at the top of your screen to put the customer on hold:
Note this does not actually place the call on the phone on Hold - it puts this number in a “holding area” on the point of sale so that you can recall it when you wish to start a new order.
To view calls on hold, tap the Hold button on the lower right. You can create new orders directly from the hold list by recalling a call on hold:
The Call Log is a month-long list of incoming calls processed through caller ID.
To view your call log:
- On a point of sale station where Caller ID is enabled, go to the Dashboard.
- Tap Call Log (If your point of sale screen is crowded, you may have to scroll down to see it.):
Your call log includes icons that indicate the history of each call:
- Incoming and answered on this point of sale - no icon
- Incoming and answered on child point of sale - light gray icon with phone and arrow
- Rejected on this point of sale - red icon with phone and arrow
- Held on this point of sale - orange icon with phone and pause sign