Bluetooth is always enabled on the Epson TM-M30, whether or not you choose to pair your printer via Bluetooth.
If abuse occurs on your network through your printers, you can change your printer's security settings via the Epson Utility iOS app or the TM-M30 Utility program for Windows. Download TM-M30 Utility from the Epson website here.
To change your printer's Bluetooth security in the TM-M30 Utility program:
- On your desktop, open TM-M30 Utility.
- From the left navigation menu, select Interface.
- Next to Device Name, you may edit your device name to increase security. To do this, click Edit next to the device name and enter a new name. Entering only spaces as a printer name is acceptable. This will make discovering your printer on the network more difficult for malicious attackers.
- From the Security dropdown menu, select your Bluetooth security preference:
- Low: Pairing the printer to a device is always possible, and pairing works without any extra requirements. This is the default setting.
- Middle: Pairing the printer to a device is possible for one minute after printing the status sheet, and pairing works without any extra requirements.
- High: Pairing the printer to a device is possible for one minute after printing the status sheet, and a passcode or numeric comparison is required to complete the pairing.
- Click Set to save your changes.